Listen to my episode, HERE!
Julie de Azevedo Hanks, PhD, MSW, LCSW is a self-care evangelist, author, relationship expert, media contributor, blogger, speaker, songwriter, and licensed therapist with over 20 year’s of experience counseling women, couples and families. In addition to owning Wasatch Family Therapy, LLC and serving as executive director, Dr. Hanks is an emotional health and relationship expert and top online mental health influencer with an extensive and engaged social media following. As a sought after media personality Dr. Hanks’ has been interviewed for The Wall Street Journal, Cosmopolitan, Women’s Day, Parenting, Reader’s Digest, Redbook, and numerous other publications, and has appeared on-camera on Fox News, Fox Business News, KSL TV’s Studio 5, Discovery Health, TLC, and Reelz Channel.
After speaking to large women’s groups of Latter-day Saint women on preventing emotional burnout for a decade and working with hundreds of women in her clinical practice who were overwhelmed and felt “never good enough”, Dr. Hanks felt compelled to write her first book The Burnout Cure: An Emotional Survival Guide for Overwhelmed Women.
Her latest book just released August 1st of 2016 is titled “The Assertiveness Guide for Women” and addresses How to Communicate your Needs, Set Healthy Boundaries & Transform Your Relationships.
As an award-winning performing songwriter, “Julie de Azevedo” has written dozens of songs, contributed to numerous projects, and produced 10 solo CD’s over the past 25 years. Her most recent CD “Masterpiece: The Best of Julie de Azevedo” is a collection of her best-loved songs.
Dr. Hanks’ most valuable experience has been “in the trenches” of family life as a wife to Jeff Hanks and mother of 4 children. She enjoys sunshine, taking long naps, social media, reading, writing, eating a lot of chocolate, and playing roller derby.
- 5:18 – Women helping women – that’s what it’s all about! Why did she make the switch from helping children to helping adult women?
- 11:10 – What is differentiation of self?
- 17:38 – Dr. Julie’s latest book: The Assertiveness Guide for Women
- 23:21 – Dr. Julie turns the tables on me and takes me to therapy – she is incredible!!
- 36:23 – Assertiveness Issues outside of Immediate Family – 2 Great Examples
- The difference between a doormat, a sword, and a lantern – which one are you?
- 41:16 – The 5 Steps of the Book: The Assertiveness Guide for Women
- 44:20 – The gift of self-expansion is compassion.
- 56:36 – Lemonade Moments!!
@DrJulieHanks on Facebook and Twitter