Listen to my episode, HERE!
Sadie Nardini is the founder of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga, an anatomy-enriched flow style, and the Yoga Shred™, a cross-training blend of yoga and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) with fresh new moves based on safer alignment. She fronts a rock band, Sadie & The Tribe, and is based in Santa Barbara, California.
Practice and get motivated with Sadie on Facebook: @SadieNardiniOfficial
You Might also like
#InternationalWomensDay #makelemonade Brenda Davis Ed Mackey Irene Thomas Jane Birch Lauri's Lemonade Stand Linda Middlesworth Rachel Call Rhonda Waidmann Stephanie MacKenzie Susan Pierce ThompsonInternational Women’s Day Part 2!At Lauri’s Lemonade Stand we Celebrate Women Every Day!
As I mentioned last week, I wanted to share with you the brave women who were guests this past year on my podcast. Last week, we celebrated the first ten and this week we celebrate episodes 11-20! There is a little blurb about each one below and the link to their individual podcast should you want to learn more. Have fun as I did learning from these amazing, incredible women and then tune in next week for episodes 21-30. Thank you for being a part of this movement to support and uplift other women!Ed Mackey – Ok, so I said women and then episode #011 is actually a man! My husband in fact. If you go to my website and sign up for my email list you get what I have lovingly dubbed “Eddy’s 60 Days of Sunshine” which is a download for you to use as a tool to help someone you know who is going through a hard time, mild depression, or general sadness. It is a way to use a network of family and friends and peers to support someone in their time of need. Listen to this episode to learn the why and how I came up with this idea in supporting my husband when I didn’t know what else to do.Irene Thomas – This is just a fun and uplifting episode #012 that teaches us how to Geocache! Have you tried geocaching yet? It is something you can do by yourself or with friends…on a trip across the world or the country or even in your own backyard. Try it, you’ll like it!Lauri Mackey – This is your 3-Step Guide to accomplishing your next goal with incredible passion! I share with you my journey to finishing high school after age 40 and the power that ignited in myself to do and be more…I felt like Wonder Woman and that I could do anything! It is part of the reason I started this podcast to help women over 40 in accomplishing whatever their little hearts desire. Listen, then use the tools to accomplish your next goal!Rhonda Waidmann – The respect you’ll find for Rhonda Waidmann lies at the other end of this podcast interview. Sometimes you think you know someone from the outside looking in, but then you delve deeper and find a hero. Heroes are found in everyday life and in everyday circumstances. Rhonda has endured much, but has also fought for much and is still fighting to help others to this day. Enjoy this down to earth interview and get inspired to create positive change with a smile in your neck of the woods!Rachel Call – Rachel Call cannot be shocked by anything she hears which means she is the least judgmental person I know. She would never admit it, but she is truly a gift to the hearts and spirits of those she touches in their lives. Embrace this powerful, passionate podcast and reach out to her if you would like to have her touch your life as she as touched mine. Don’t forget to check out the two books she recommends in Fearless Living by Rhonda Britten and Happiness is a Choice by Barry Neil Kaufman.Linda Middlesworth – is a force to be reckoned with. She will convince you to try a vegan diet with the utmost compassion and concern not only for the animals, but truly for you. She has seen the worst of what the Standard American Diet (SAD) can do to you having personally experienced it. She is 72 years old, voted Sexiest Vegan in the World by PETA in 2015, created V-Dog with her late husband, and teaches numerous fitness classes daily along with being a Food for Life Instructor through the PCRM. Remember I told you she was a force to be reckoned with? Check out this podcast and see what you can do to find your voice with purpose and passion!Stephanie MacKenzie – Female Entrepreneurs! You need to hear this interview! Stephanie MacKenzie’s interview was done while I was vacationing in Oregon! Love that I can take this business anywhere! While there is definitely a few glitches, you do not want to miss this incredible interview about taking your ideas and passions and turning them into income for you and your family. Stephanie is living proof that it can be done! Take the leap and join the movement!Brenda Davis, RD – went vegan when vegan wasn’t popular in society or in her field of practice. There was fear involved in remaining a registered dietitian, but because she overcame her fear she is now looked up to in her field winning awards, speaking, publishing books and creating change in the Marshall Islands, you can’t help but be caught up to action in your part of the world. Become part of the grass roots efforts to be kind to yourself, others, and animals in this inspiring episode!Jane Birch – Her book Discovering The Word of Wisdom has been an inspiration for my Facebook page called VeganMormon. More than that, and before that, she was simply an inspiration for me in following my journey of a Whole Food, Plant-Based nutrition lifestyle. in this episode we get down and dirty about our food practice, religious practice and our belief in God. Hold on tight as we, as two women, connect, consult, and embrace this way of life. Jane’s journey is amazing and brave, enjoy this amazing episode!Susan Pierce Thompson, PhD – Susan is a Warrior fighting for nothing short of world domination. Following her tribe in the Bright Line Eating community promises you three things: Happiness, Thinness, and Freedom. You are going to LOVE what she has to offer by way of being Happy, Thin, and Free, but you’re also going to just LOVE Susan. Nothing short of a miracle in surviving her own journey, she has lost 60 pounds (and kept it off for over 13 years!) and conquered drug addiction, and has a plan to share how she did it with the world. Join this journey!See you next week for episodes 21-30! Don’t forget to comment below and let me know your thoughts on the blog and who you would like to see on future podcast episodes!
- One of the funnest things I did before actually writing my goals down for 2017 was reflect on my past years of goal-setting. I have been printing out and posting on my bulletin board my yearly goals since 2010. I kept them in a tidy little file folder tucked away in one of my office drawers and hadn’t thought much about them other than to put the old ones in at the end of each year. Not this time.
- It was so great to reflect on some of my goals and what I was into at that particular time. How my physical goals have changed from running a half marathon and now I’m racing mountain bikes. Saving for Boobs had been on my list, but 2 years later decided they would be a “BIG” pain and get in the way of my physical fitness goals. How many classes I wanted to finish to gain my high school diploma and how that goal came true in it’s entirety in 2012 when I graduated!
- From knitting a blanket (yes, it’s still on there after three years) to completing a Shutterfly book. From spiritual goals that were met to eating right. It has been wonderful to reflect and introspect and ruminate over goals accomplished, goals that turned out not as important as I had thought in the moment and just how I’ve grown over the last 6 years navigating my 40’s. A crazy, mixed-up, wonderful, growth of a ride for sure.
- What are some goals that were important to you at the time, but turned out less important as years passed?
- What did you spend time on and wished you hadn’t? Now vice versa…wish you had spent more time on, but didn’t?
- Accomplished any bucket list items lately? Can you add one this year?
- Are your goals attainable in this year?
- Now that you’ve Dreamed Big, and done a little Reflection, tune in next week to figure out how you can attain those goals by putting them into Bite-Size Chunks.
- Don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know all about your goals and how your reflection of past goals have been for you. Love hearing from you!
- Bite Size Chunks
- Now that you’ve Dreamed Big and had some time to Reflect, it’s time to set your actual goals for 2017. This year I decided I wanted to make my goals more fun instead of stodgy. I changed my goal title from Lauri’s Goals 2017 to Lauri’s Promises 2017. I changed the Relationships category to Family Focus, Physical to Physical Well-being and Playtime, Financial to Abundant Wealth Prowess, Education to Cultivating Enlightenment, Spiritual to Soul Solutions. I even added two new categories this year: Creativity and my favorite? Recess!
- Not only am a adding in more fun this year, but I have two pages of promises and this might help you, too. One set is a Promises Summary where it states my goals. The second set (and this is where the bite-size chunks come in) breaks down those promises into actual action steps. How will I accomplish my goals? Let me share one with you so you get the idea.
- Under my Recess Category I have a goal for a Weekly Date with guess who? Me! One my first set of Promises where it is a summary, it simply says, Weekly Dates with Myself. On the second set I have it broken out to say that not only will I have a weekly date with myself, but I will alternate each week from an evening to a daytime date. I have ideas written of a few dates I’ve done in the past and enjoyed and some I think might be fun. Not all of my dates have been a hit, by the way. Some felt as a downright waste of my time by the end, but consistency keeps me moving forward in the right direction so that I keep taking time for myself. Last week I simply set a date to pull out all of my stamp collection, see how much they were worth right now and make a list of a couple of collections I’d like to complete and added it to my wishlist for friends and family for my birthday and Christmas (yes, I’m the OCD one when it comes to list and preparation…I always have a wishlist going! You should to!)
- That means that now is time for the action step for you. You’ve Dreamt Big, you’ve Reflected on past years goals that have and haven’t worked for you and where you are now. You are ready to make your Promises, but more importantly, ready to break them down into “Bite-Size Chunks” so that you can actually see yourself accomplishing your goals.
- Next week? The last piece of the puzzle to help you accomplish your goals or promises in 2017 – Accountability. I’ll tell you that I’ve never taken this step before until this year and what I’ve done to make it happen for me.
- Please leave a comment below and share one of your promises for 2017. I love hearing from you!