Lauri Mackey, CHHC is the proprietor of Lauri’s Lemonade Stand, a Positivity Podcast for Women. Lauri studies and teaches The Art of Holiatry which focuses on 3 main points of health and well-being: Physical which includes nourishment and movement, Psychological which includes your mind and spirit, and then how to bring that best self into the third branch of Social Life which is how you show up in your relationships. Lauri’s unique background of struggle through experience has her shouting from the rooftops that if she can come through it, anyone can! Filled with this experience and learned knowledge she is busting the myths of “Happy Endings”, “Once In a Lifetime Opportunities”, and the notion that “There’s no “I” in Team”. Listen to her debunk these myths and empower you into your “Happy Middle”, “Creating Your Own Opportunities”, and using self-care as your first line of defense so that you can show up better for your “Team”.
It took Lauri a long time to figure out how to show up as her best self, most of which happened after age 40 as a matter of fact. All after age 40, Lauri has graduated high school, earned a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition through eCornell University, became a Certified Health Coach through IIN, established Lauri’s Lemonade Stand including a successful interview-based podcast, became a public speaker with training from YSU, and became a mountain bike coach for the local high school team. She’s even raced her mountain bike and made it onto podiums! The proof is in the pudding and as she claims, “if she can do it, anyone can”. Lauri believes that it is never too late to start the next chapter of your life.
Lauri lives in Camarillo, CA where she podcasts from the studio in her home and lives with her best friend and husband, Eddy and their two dogs, Lakota and Kozmo. She is a mother of three grown daughters and a Gram to two beautiful grandchildren.
10 Fun Facts/Notables:
- Mountain Biking makes me feel strong and powerful.
- Love Movie Theater Popcorn even though it doesn’t like me half as much as I like it!
- I collect movies! Mostly anything Marvel puts out these days, but loved DC’s Wonder Woman! I have over 300 DVD’s as of last count.
- Reading is a passion! Louis Lamour is my favorite, but I highly recommend Josi S Kilpack and Nancy Campbell Allen.
- Holding the Microphone…Ya, I kinda have a love affair with it.
- The color red. From clothes to home decor…love this color!
- The podcast has been such a blast! Love the women (and even the couple of men) I’ve interviewed – all so powerful!
- I’m seriously an OCD organizational freakazoid – I don’t even own a junk drawer.
- I do not have a green thumb, but I’m proud to say that it has changed from black to brown. There are still a few plants I can keep alive in and outside my house…have learned to embrace succulents.
- My superpower is getting along with others. I’m comfortable around lots of different types of people. What is your superpower? Hit me up on my FB page and let me know!
For daily doses of positivity – Like my FB page HERE!
To sign up for my monthly newsletter and to get “Eddy’s 60 Days of Sunshine” – Subscribe HERE!
Always check the events page to see if you can see me live, in person at my next speaking gig!